Front Desk Agent – Grand Baymen, Belize
Join the dynamic team at Grand Baymen in Belize as a Front Desk Agent, where your primary role will be to provide exceptional customer service and support to our guests. You will be the face of the hotel, making a significant impact on guest experiences through your interactions and service excellence.
- Greet guests warmly and assist them with their needs.
- Efficiently check guests in and out of the hotel.
- Manage and coordinate guest bookings and reservations.
- Arrange various activities for guests and provide local recommendations to enhance their stay.
- Oversee room readiness, including inspecting rooms before guest arrivals and verifying conditions post-stay.
- Handle daily sales entries and collect payments for various services.
- Manage and update information on online travel agency sites.
- Respond promptly and professionally to reservation requests and inquiries.
- Complete special projects and tasks as assigned by hotel management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Willingness to learn our computer systems/reservation software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- A professional appearance and friendly, welcoming behavior.
- High school diploma or equivalent; further education in hospitality or relevant fields is a plus.
- Previous experience in a customer service or hospitality role is preferred.
- Experience with cash handling and basic accounting tasks.
- Familiarity with the local area, attractions, and activities is advantageous.
What we offer:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (details as applicable).
Compensation & Benefits:
- $350.00 weekly (BZD) is based on a 45-hour week bi-weekly payment.
- Any additional hours exceeding 45 hours for the week will be paid as overtime.
- Holiday work will also be paid as per the labor laws of Belize.
- The employee is entitled to two weeks of paid vacation leave to be prorated and taken upon one year of employment.